Building Maintenance Technician
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the entire facility, acting as the contact for emergency situations that affect Avionic Instrument’s ability to open for business. Additionally, the Building Maintenance Technician will assess and consider daily: the safety of our employees and the security of our assets. This position will coordinate outside contractors or vendors for various services.
- Acts as the primary contact for all personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications
- May act as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis
- Solicits bids and quotes from vendors
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantles and installs furniture
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by manager
Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors
Self-starter and team player
Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans
- Associates degree in project management, certificate in trade school or equivalent work experience related to project management, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance.
- Must have basic understanding of how things work (facility-related)
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand
- Working Conditions:
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Must have a valid NJ Driver’s License
- Enforcement of company policies, procedures and processes
- To compose Corrective and/or Preventive Action where applicable
- Authorized to report problems according to corporate procedures.
- Has the authority to stop the manufacturing process if any unsafe conditions are present
- To enforce company Safety Requirements and Policies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Avionic Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.