Selective Solder Operator
Avionic Instruments LLC is an internationally recognized leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced airborne-qualified power conversion and control equipment. We currently have an outstanding opportunity for an individual to assume a role as a Selective Solder Operator.
To set up, operate and maintain the efficient operation of the Selective Solder, Wave Solder and In-Line washer. Ensures that the PCB’s are soldered, washed and inspected per IPC standards. Performs all other function and duties as assigned.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoot down to component level.
- Support production schedule at all times.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of as many product lines as possible.
- To work strategically with production, engineering, and sales to support high quality
products, on-time delivery and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Streamline process of building products.
- Communicate issues to engineering, production, quality and materials that effect product
- Assist in continuous improvement of all Test Fixtures, Benches, and Operations.
- Performs daily equipment maintenance prior to set up and operation
- Responsible for set-up , operating the Selective and Wave solder machines
- Ability to make minimal adjustments to the equipment operating programs as needed
- Loads assemblies to basket and follow wash procedures
- Complete appropriate documentations on required forms
- Operates the equipment in compliance with the procedure and safety regulations
Completion of Training Requirements is targeted between 6 & 12 months. Rectification (if applicable) is required every two years unless otherwise specified in the course itself
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Knowledge on Through Hole technology, ability to identify Through Hole components like axial and radial components
- Must have ability to work flexible hours and overtime as production requires
- Must have working knowledge on soldering and ability to recognize solder defects per IPC standard
- BS Degree (with certificates) or at least 4 years of work related experience in the field, or 2 year vocational certificate and 2 years’ experience
- Enforcement of policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Has the authority to report problems according to Corporate procedures
- Has the authority to stop the manufacturing process if any unsafe conditions are presented
- Works standing and/or seated while performing duties.
- Handles medium to heavy weight material.
- Clean room conditions may apply.
- ESD control training and compliance with ESD policies may be required.
- Safety glasses with side shields required.
- No drinking or eating in some areas.
- FAA drug test requirements may apply.
- Must maintain good housekeeping practices.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Avionic Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.