Continuous Improvement Manager
Avionic Instruments is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager in Avenel NJ
The Continuous Improvement Manager works with Site Leadership by leading continuous improvement activities. Reviews operations and provides solutions to resolve safety/ergonomic, quality, cost, and throughput issues. This role is responsible for deployment of continuous improvement tools, problem solving training, and overall support of plant objectives.
- Leading and facilitating improvement teams across the plant – often multiple teams at one time.
- Responsible for the successful development and execution of specific OPEX/Lean Manufacturing projects, such as: internal and external Kanban, TPM, SMED, one-piece flow production, constraint management, and workplace organization.
- Works with Quality and Operations team to find solutions to customer complaints focusing on permanent corrective action
- Assisting in the development of future state value streams and helping teams prioritize the tasks that need to be accomplished
- Becoming the “go to person” for all improvement teams and providing support where needed
- Lead Continuous Improvement deployment (visual controls, process standardization, standard work, GEMBA walks, daily accountability)
- Ensure capability and sustainability through Lean & CI training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of continuous improvement experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience leading direct teams is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a permanent and consistent basis.
- Master’s degree
- Black Belt
- Electronics understanding
- Toyota production system experience and certifications
- Experience in a high mix low volume environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Avionic Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.