Junior Embedded System Engineer
Avionic Instruments LLC, a leading designer and manufacturer of advanced power conversion and distribution systems for commercial and military aircraft applications is seeking a Junior Embedded System Engineer to design, and test micro-processor based power devices.
The successful candidate should be a quick learner, self-driven, and takes pride in his/her own work.
In this role the incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Participate in design and coding of embedded software for power conversion and power distribution systems
- Integrate/test, prototype hardware at print circuit board level and unit level
- Generate required design documents and test procedures
- Support senior engineers for ad-hoc tasks.
The successful candidate will have a background which includes the following demonstrable experience, skills and education:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineer with 2 years experiences
- Took courses or worked with micro-processors such as: TI TMS320F28XX DSP, or ARM7/9
- Took courses or worked with digital circuits
- Familiar with microprocessor peripherals such as PWM, ADC, SPI, I2C, and UART
- Past experience in writing C code for real time systems
- Able to use systematic approach to integrate/debug new designs
- Generate design and test documents as required
- Familiar with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power source, JTAG, and multi-meters.
- Work and collaborate effectively with engineers of other disciplines
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Knowledge of software engineering lifecycle is preferred
- Knowledge of CAN bus and other communication protocols is preferred
- Past development experience with TI TMS320F2809 DSP is strongly preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Avionic Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.