Junior Electronic Engineer
Avionic Instruments LLC currently has an opening for a Junior Electronics Engineer. In this multifaceted role, the incumbent would report directly to the Continuing Engineering Manager and extensively interact with Manufacturing, Repair and Design teams. The successful candidate will be required to help improve product yield and work with Integrated Logistic Groups to generate Engineering Related Documents
In this role the incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Generate test plans for improving manufacturing yield on power electronic systems
- Support Senior Engineers in drilling down on Root Cause Corrective Action of power supplies and power electronic systems
- Generate Process Related Documents that impact Electronic Component Management.
The successful candidate will have a background which includes the following demonstrable experience, skills and education:
- Design or analysis of power supplies (Buck Derived, Boost Derived, Flyback and Sepic)
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Physics
- Knowledge of control theory as it pertains to power electronics. Digital Control experience A +
- Design tool sets including Circuit Simulation (PSPICE and/or MATLAB) and Power Electronic System Modeling
- Schematic capture using Mentor Graphics or similar software package
- Hands on experience debugging power supplies
- Excellent written/verbal communication and documentation skills
- Knowledgeable in qualifying a power supply through an IEC, MIL or DO standard
- BSEE with a minimum of 3.5 GPA
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Avionic Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.